Open office plans look good on paper and sound perfect during the interviewing process. However, they tend to lose their luster once new employees settle into their place at the workbench. Noise starts bothering them from every direction possible, including conversations, phone calls, internet videos, foot traffic sound, and the low-level hum of different office tools like laptops, copy machines, etc. Are you a business owner and do not know how to solve the noise problem? York Building Materials will help you do it with office partitions in Toronto. Continue reading and learn how you can use office wall partitions.
We also recommend checking our guide for an office design checklist to help create the most efficient office area for your business.
This is How Office Wall Partitions Will Solve Your Office Noise Problem
Now let’s get to the real deal here: retaining the positive elements of your open-plan office without subjecting the workforce to noise levels. The first step is to buy office partition systems in Toronto from a reliable resource. Then use your office wall partitions efficiently.
If you don’t know how to use our products efficiently, make sure to read our guide on how you can partition office space efficiently.
With York Building Material’s office wall partitions, you can retain everything that works about the open plan office design while discarding the noise that can impact negatively on your employees.
1- Wall Office Partitions Provide Quite Spaces
You should know that if you want a good office plan, you need to have balance by providing the hive and the sanctuary. So, quiet spaces are essential for employees engaged in problem-solving tasks or brainstorming meetings.
Since quiet spaces are generally where the hard work of your business is hammered out, you need to use office wall partitions to create these spaces without any effort.
2- Office Wall Partitions Carve Out Designated Loud Spaces
Although having quiet spaces in your office area is essential, creating places where your workers can talk together freely and share ideas without worrying that they are interfering with others’ work is also crucial.
You can provide such areas with office wall partitions in two primary ways:
- Install wall office partitions around the particular extent with more noise.
- Use dividers to create a specific quiet area and leave the rest of the office for free collaborations.
3- Wall Partitions Channel Noise Away from Certain Areas
Maybe you want to manage the sound better in your office without creating secluded spaces within the area. So, with high-quality glass office partitions, you can channel the noise away from the spaces that are specifically used for brainstorming.
4- With Wall Office Partitions, You Can Break Up Space and Retain Openness
It is imperative to retain the open quality of your office while making it a more pleasant place for your employees to work. The best way to do this is to install glass office partitions.
With glass wall office partitions, you will create absolute separation between the departments or the groups while maintaining your office design’s sightlines. Additionally, glass partitions are the most suitable products if you want the light to travel through your office.
Are there Other Ways to Solve Noise Problems in Your Office?
Yes, of course. Although using office wall partitions is considered the best way to solve noise problems in your office, there are three other ways you can do it.
- Cover Up Concrete Flooring: If your office has tile or concrete flooring, it would be better to use carpets to reduce the noise in your working space. However, you must remember that using rugs requires regular maintenance and can be costly.
- Add Greenery: Using greenery will reflect the sounds and reduce the noise in your area while offering your workers a beautiful and relaxing design.
- Encourage Workers to Use Headphones: One of the most distracting things in an office is employees’ musical taste and choice. So, it is better to encourage your employees to use headphones if they want to listen to music, watch videos on the internet, or anything related to phones and computers that can create distracting sounds.